Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The first month in Oregon







Well, its been awhile since I updated. Long days in the field...they're killer. I work an 8 day on 6 day off schedule, so it makes the breaks really mean more. Oregon is gorgeous. I live in a valley a few miles from the Rogue River near Ashland. The valley is really pretty, mount ashland is in the distance, and they're still clinging to agraian practices around here. There are great bike rides through gravel roads through pear orchards and grape orchards while smoke from the claifornia fires makes big red sunsets.



So its lovely, is what I'm saying. The people I work with are great, and the job is really nice, and I see amazing stuff. Like what, you ask?






That's a spotted owl!

There's only one downside. The couse I'm staying in is creeeeeepy. Here's the front door:

>

No comments: